Taking a break from cleaning (Why, oh, why did I save every piece of paper that I’ve ever written anything on in my whole damned life?) and saw this cute meme at Mon’s.
5 Items in my Fridge: (I’ll skip the very, very scary stuff like the plastic container of refried beans from early May and the vegetables that have morphed into green gunge…)
1. Sun-Dried tomatoes in oil
2. Thai leftovers from last night (Panang Chicken, Spicy Basil Chicken)
3. Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk
5. Hunk o’ Parmesan cheese
5 Items in my Closet:
1. 4 cinderblocks (to hold the shelves)
2. My new spiffy Salsa Dancing Dress
3. Little bucket O’ fingernail polish. I only paint my toes and only then very rarely, but for some reason I have 8-10 polishes.
4. The black cloche hat I bought in Paris
5. An Anne Taintor postcard of a woman lying in bed with text that reads “I dreamed my whole house was clean.” (seen here)
5 Items in my Car:
1. Road atlas. (I’m a bang-up navigator when someone else is driving. Not so great on the road thing when I’m the vehicle operator.)
2. Rollerblades + Equipment. Just in case I find myself somewhere and want to skate. This has happened about once.
3. Emergency Mylar Blanket. Just in case I find myself stuck somewhere in a snowstorm so that I don’t have to eat Spousal Unit to stay alive.
4. Cheddar sesame sticks from the co-op. (Ostensibly for the same reason as above, but really because I like to munch a few as I commute.)
5. Eleni Mandel “Wishbone” CD
5 Items in my Purse: Don’t really carry one unless I’m traveling. How about in my backpack?
1. Disintegrated chocolate candy long past indentifiability.
2. 5-10 pens. Some of them even work.
3. Gradebook. Haven’t taken it out yet.
4. Feminine products. Yes, I need those things from time to time. Shocking.
5. Books, of course.
PLUS, in honor of the desk-cleaning that is going on here in Stewgadland, I’ll add:
5 Items in my Desk:
1. Box of 50 business cards with address and phone number from 6 years ago.
2. 20,000 staples purchased in a moment of optimism at Staples a decade ago. Apparently, I staple far fewer things than I think I do.
3. Calculator. Hate those maths.
4. AV adapter for iBook.
5. Bottle of Beano. (??!!) What on earth is that doing in here? How often do I eat beans at my desk at home? Clearly at one point it seemed like a good idea. A beano a day keeps the dissertation away?